08:15 – 08:55
Registration and Breakfast Networking
08:55 – 09:05
Welcome and Opening Remarks from the Chair: Lynette Oat, Chief Growth Officer, Optum International
09:05 – 09:25
Encouraging an Engaged and Purposeful Workforce
- Create a flourishing & engaged employee programme
- Use business expertise to help great social enterprises grow
- Success stories from EY, IBM & Thomson Reuters
Adele Blakebrough, Chief Executive, Social Business Trust
09:25 – 10:20
CEO Panel Debate: The strategic importance of Workplace Wellbeing
John Cleland, Managing Partner, Pinsent Masons
Vanella Jackson, Global CEO, Hall & Partners
Carl Fillery, CEO, Boundless
More speakers to be announced shortly
10:20 – 10:45
Boost employee performance, productivity and wellbeing
Hear from the UK’s first female fighter pilot on how she is bringing her knowledge and expertise from life in a highly stressful environment within the RAF to the corporate world
- Hear about the latest data and analytics insights and how they impact health and wellbeing
- Understand how organisations can use sentiment analytics to boost their employees’ productivity
- Find out how technology can improve productivity and wellbeing and listen examples of organisations that have seen improvements in their workforce
Jo Salter, Director (People & Organisation), PwC
10:45 – 11:15 Morning Break & Networking
11:15 – 11:35
Taking a holistic approach to workplace wellness
Lloyds Banking Group have taken a holistic and local approach to the wellbeing of their employees and Edward will be sharing some of the learnings and challenges they have faced.
Edward Thurman, Managing Director (Financial Institutions), Lloyds Banking Group
11:40 – 12:00
Personal Story: How EY have supported Mental Health in the workplace
David Brewin, Global Chief Operating Officer, EY
12:00 – 12:30
Creating workplaces that help us flourish rather than wither
- Stress depression and anxiety result in over 11 million working days lost every year in the UK and costs every single employer between £700 and £1000 per employee per year
- We must find ways to create organisations and businesses that boost rather than undermine our mental wellbeing
- Exploring how adopting the Gaia philosophy can create truly empowering workplaces, where everyone is a leader
Mark Manley, Partner, Gaia Leadership
12:30 – 12:50
The impact of EQ and a Growth Mind-set on Wellbeing
- Where does Wellbeing begin? Is it all in the mind?
- Managing the relationship – Emotional Intelligence (EQ), a growth mind-set and wellbeing: the leadership challenge
- The impact of behavioural change on wellbeing…and what next?
Natalie Dee, Head of Programmes, Quidnunc
12:50 – 13:45 Networking lunch
13:45 – 13.55
13:55 – 14:20
Session to be announced shortly
14.20 – 15.05
HR Panel Debate: Developing a culture of wellbeing across the organisation
- Implementation and the challenges?
- How far have we come?
- How will the role of HR change?
- Where do you see the future of the workplace?
Marcus Hunt, Health & Wellbeing Manager (UK, Ireland & Europe), Unilever
Theresa McHenry, Senior HR Director, Microsoft UK
Carrie Birmingham, Former HR Director, News UK
Jane Wheeler, Partner, Hine Legal
15.05 – 15.25
Wellbeing and Social Ergonomics in Workplace Design
Ergonomics in the workplace traditionally talks about the physical aspects of fit. For this presentation we will discuss a workplace that helps us initiate and regulate social interaction, and that takes into consideration factors like personal space, physical and psychological proximity, and territoriality, helps us feel better. And when we feel better, we work better.
Lillian Antonio, Senior Ergonomist, Herman Miller
15.25 – 15.45 Afternoon Break
15.45 – 16.05
Financial Wellbeing as an Integral Part of a Wellbeing Strategy
- What impact does worrying about money have on overall mental health?
- How is the rise of defined contribution pensions and increasing longevity impact stress levels?
- What role can employers can play in supporting staff with complex financial choices?
- Strategies for helping employees to improve their financial wellbeing immediately and for the future
Speaker to be confirmed shortly
16.05 – 16.35
Two Perspectives on Creating a Culture of Employee Performance Through Wellbeing
- How can employers increase employee performance through the promotional of wellbeing initiatives?
- What people strategies are most effective for communicating company culture to new talent?
- What is the role of organisational wellbeing in a talent strategy?
- What can organisations do now to implement an effective enterprise-wide wellbeing program?
Anthony Lawrence, Group HR Director, WHSmith
Katayoun Rezaiamiri, Senior Managing Consultant, GALLUP®
16.35 – 16:45
Chair’s closing remarks
16.45 – 18.00